Workplace Health & Safety Policy
Wherever we work we must make sure that we maintain a safe, healthy and sustainable working environment and promote a positive culture.
To achieve this all our people are empowered to continually improve our safety systems, safety culture and overall safety performance.
To do this, we will consult and work with relevant stakeholders, including the local community on relevant issues which affect their safety, in order to develop and effectively implement safety management systems that meet or exceed community expectations and all applicable legislative requirements, codes of practice and standards.
Our people are not only responsible for their own safety but also that of their fellow workers, our customers and the broader community in relation to our business activities.
It is the responsibility of all our people to comply with the safety systems and processes that support this policy and to identify hazards and manage risks effectively.
Norship maintains Safety Management Systems consistent with AS/NZS 4801:2001
construction projects. We are totally committed to protection of the environment and to keeping environmental impacts as low as reasonably practicable.
Company objectives include prevention of pollution and other adverse environmental impacts, efficient and sustainable use of resources, and recycling of materials where possible. Norship Marine will undertake to provide the necessary resources and management support to achieve these goals.
Norship Marine will maintain, review and continually improve our programme for management of environmental aspects that we can control or influence during provision of our services. This programme includes:
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Complying with applicable legal and other requirements including environmental legislation,
regulations, construction industry codes of practice and project specific requirements.
- Establishing measurable objectives and targets to quantify our environmental performance and
demonstrate continual improvement.
- Consultation and communication with employees, contractors and clients on environmental issues.
- Clearly defining responsibilities and accountabilities for employees and contractors.
- Providing adequate information, training and supervision to employees.
- Identifying potential significant environmental impacts for each project and permanent facility.
- Developing and implementing methods to eliminate or minimise significant environmental impacts.
- Regular monitoring and auditing of our environmental performance and the identification of
corrective actions to improve this performance.
- Building and encouraging environmental care amongst our people by providing training and
Norships Environmental management systems are developed consistent with ISO 14001 standard.
Norships vision is to be the trusted asset management solutions provider in Australia.
One of its objectives to achieve this vision is to underpin growth with a defined product, a strong and respected brand and effective systems and processes. As such, Norship is committed to compliance with ISO 9001:2015, the pursuit of continual quality improvements and the philosophy of getting things “right first time”.
Norships reputation is built on its ability to provide services that are consistent, reliable and of high quality. This allows us to meet or exceed our customers’ needs and achieve customer satisfaction.
Everyone is responsible for quality within the company and for maintaining high standards.
Risk Management Policy
Norship is committed to managing risk by applying a risk management framework that integrates the process for managing risk into the organisations overall governance, strategy, planning, management, reporting processes, policies, values and culture.
Risks need to be managed effectively, efficiently and coherently across the organisation and consistent with the following principles;
- Risk management creates and protects value
- Risk Management is an integral part of all organisational processes
- Risk management is part of decision making
- Risk management explicitly addresses uncertainty
- Risk management is systemic, structures and timely
- Risk management is based on the best available information
- Risk management is tailored
- Risk management takes human and cultural factors into account
- Risk management is transparent and inclusive
- Risk management is dynamic, iterative and responsive to change
- Risk management facilitates continual improvement of the organisation
Norship manages risks consistent with AS/NZS ISO 31000:2009
Security is everyone’s responsibility and Norship expects that all employees will contribute to continual security improvements.
The underlying security management principles of Norship are:
- Identification and management of risks associated with perceived exposure of critical infrastructure and operations;
- Effective management of criminal activity directed at customers, staff, other stakeholders or infrastructure;
- Effective management of emergencies;
- Appropriate definition and management of interfaces between different organizations and organizational elements;
- Integration of response to managing site security;
- Protection of customer, worker and public health and safety; and
- Protection of property from criminal damage
- Appropriate vetting, verification and security clearances of personnel
- Build and operate IT/ IS infrastructure to ensure access is controlled and the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data is maintained
- Appropriate reporting and feedback mechanisms
The implementation of these principles requires compliance with operational aspects, infrastructure aspects, mobile plant aspects and interfaces with other operations.
This preparedness is achieved through the effective promulgation of the Security Policy and associated Plans, training, emergency preparedness and effective stakeholder management.
Security performance will be monitored, evaluated and reviewed in pursuit of continuous security improvements.
Norship requires the ongoing vigilance of all its employees to provide secure services to all those who interface with our operations.