Prior to commencement of employment with Norship, ALL employees are required to complete a Norship Employee Induction.
Employee inductions are held every Monday and Thursday at 07:30am sharp (note: arrive at least 10mins prior)
Prior to attending the induction, the following is required to be completed by the new employee:
- Pre-Employment Drug Testing
All new Norship employees will be require to complete a pre-employment drug test. The Norship HR Department will advise the contact details of the testing agency at the time of confirmation of employment. Norship will cover the cost of the drug test. However it is the responsibility of the the new employee to book and attend the test prior to completing the induction. Personal proof of identification (ID) will be required to be presented at the time of drug testing.
Personal ID can include:
- Current Australian Photographic Drivers Licence
- Current Australian Passport
- Current International Passport
- Australian proof of age card (formerly 18+ card)
Testing reports are required to be collected on completion of testing and submitted to the HSE Officer on the day of induction.
- Pre-Employment Medical
Norship may require a new employee to complete a pre-employment medical. Specific details of this requirement will be provided by the HR Department
On your nominated induction day please ensure that you bring the following with you:
- Tax File Number
- Bank Account Details – Account Name; Bank Name; BSB; Account Number.
- Superannuation Details – Fund ABN; Fund Name; Fund Address & Contact Details; Account Name; Account Number. (Note: if these details are not provided Norship will by default establish a “Sun Super” account.
- Copies of all relevant Qualifications, Licences, Certifications as directed by the Norship HR Department.
- Copies of Drug Test Results.
- Ensure that you are suitably dressed for work (if commencing work immediately after induction). Minimum requirement for workers at Norship entering into the shipyard or production environment is:
o Safety Boots/ Shoes
o Long Pants & High Visibility Long Sleeve Shirt
- Office based personnel are to wear appropriate office work wear.
Failure to bring these things with you will result in you not being able to complete the induction and commence employment.
- High Risk Work Qualifications
Subject to the position you have applied for, you may be required to hold current:
- General Construction Induction White Card
- Current Confined Space Entry Qualification
- Current Working at Heights Qualification